Let’s dive into her thoughts on some bookish and bloggish questions!😃
1. Tell our readers something about yourself & your blog?
Hello! My name is Jess and I run the blog Jessica C Writes. I have been blogging for a little over three years now about books, writing, and everything in between. I am a fan of poetry, the ocean, and Gilmore Girls.
2. Do you remember the day when you posted your first blog? What was the feeling?
My first blog post ever was a “Facts About Me” post, and 1/2 of the things I said are probably not true anymore. But I felt a mixture of excited and a little anxious. I have always loved writing, so it was great to finally have a place to share that, but it was terrifying to be so vulnerable.
3. Which was the lowest point in your blogging journey and what uplifted you from that?
I started off blogging about fashion and beauty, but about 6 months into that, I was very unhappy. I wasn’t enjoying what I was posting, and the content felt very forced. It wasn’t until I made a post about books that I found the entire book blogging community. Once I allowed myself to change my brand and started blogging about something I was much more passionate about, I was happier and loved blogging again.
4. Who is your inspiration in personal and professional life?
I am inspired by so many people. Any of my friends who have blogs, published work, or run a Youtube channel inspire me. As far as poetry goes, I love the work of Amanda Lovelace, Caitlyn Siehl, Lang Leav, Madison Kuhn, and so many more. I am constantly finding inspiration from other people!
5. Where would you like to see yourself in book blogging five years from now?
I hope that I continue to post content that I like, and hopefully, make new friends. Blogging is something I see as a passion, not a job, so I don’t ever expect it to turn into something big. But, I would love to continue to interview cool people, and hopefully work with more publishers/brands!
6. Who are your favourite bloggers and can you explain why they are your favourites?
7. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
This year, I decided to make a posting schedule-I post every Tuesday. Some weeks, I post twice, if I have more content that I’m excited to share. I’m very active on other social media, though. I’m on Twitter basically all day, and I started using Instagram a lot more recently, and I love it! I love talking to other people, and social media makes it so easy, which is amazing.
8. Can you tell our readers which social media platforms you use for promoting your blog and how do you find them useful?
Mainly Twitter and Instagram, as I talked about previously. Both are just great platforms for connecting with others who share the same interests as you and making friends in the process!
9. Our readers are eager to know, how do you monetize your blog if you do so? And if not then why didn’t you go for it?
I didn’t monetize my blog because I just don’t think it’s worth it for me at this time. I would need to convert to a self-hosted blog, and I just don’t have the resources for that right now. It is something I want to look into in the future, though! For now, I do promotions with brands, so I get paid that way occasionally!
10. What words for encouragement will you give to our readers who want to go for blogging?
Just go for it! There’s no harm in trying it out to see if it’s for you. And be yourself. Write about things you are truly passionate about, not whatever the hype is at the time. Readers will be able to see if you are genuine or not, so just be true to you.
Hope you all enjoyed reading. Do share your thoughts with me in the comment section below. I would love to listen from you about the interview. Happy reading!
If you’re a book blogger yourself, and you’d like to be interviewed, follow this link to contact.